Thursday, January 23, 2014

Michelle Obama and the Miami Heat

I don’t know much about Miami Heat but going by the basketball I’m safely guessing they’re a top NBA team (our DS18 not only would know this but all their names, stats and probably birthday, too*).

I’m loving their promotion of healthy food and drinking water as an important thing for them. We all know how influential sports stars and other celebs can be. Full points to them from me.

I think I’ve just become a fan of Miami Heat. Note...did you see the serious bling on his hand? I like that, too.

*I’ve just read this to DS and he informs me that they are 2012 and 2013 NBA Champions, boasting arguably the world’s best basketball player, LeBron James. (Told you!)

Show your children and Significant Other. The leverage you can get out of this is priceless.

Strawberry Wine



This summer I have been decluttering. After numerous book shelves, boxes and the filing cabinet it was time to tackle my recipe folder. It was long overdue for some culling and keeping. Amongst the collection of recipes-I-must-try-one-day was one for Strawberry Wine. I don’t know why I kept it as I don’t imbibe but it sounded like a lovely idea to pass on to those who do.

Since strawberries are in season, here is the recipe should you wish to give it a whirl. I think raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and other berries would be just as nice. A range of Berry Wine to impress family and friends. Do tell us if you make it.

1 bottle white wine
250g strawberries
10 lemon balm leaves (fresh)
2 T rosemary leaves (fresh)

Wash, hull and slice strawberries. Finely chop herbs. Mix berries, herbs and wine in clean glass container. Seal and shake. Refrigerate for two days, shaking occasionally. Strain through cloth lined sieve. Serve chilled.

This recipe came from a Grass Roots magazine some years ago. The instructions included drinking whilst dozing in a hammock in the sunshine, which I thought sounded rather nice. It’s been a long time since I dozed in the sunshine.

And I imagine that the wine infused berries would taste rather nice, too. If you don’t like them, give them to the worms – they will be happy.

Please go to my Facebook page and Like it

Christine
www.gomoreraw.com
email: christine@gomoreraw.com
____________________________________________________

The Anglo-Far East Company
The Original Private Gold and Silver Bullion Custodian
Your reference when you order: an-001
____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Comments will be moderated and posted if deemed suitable.

Regards
Christine