Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maca

This super food is my favourite. It has the pleasant taste of malt so makes a good partner to chocolate or in a smoothie with a strong fruit flavour. I have also mixed it with my sprouted muesli before dehydration.

“It promotes the optimal functioning of the hypothalamus and pituitary master glands. Maca contains unique alkaloids that stimulate the master glands, which in turn improves the overall functioning of the endocrine system.”

When I began to explore the world of super foods this is the one our supplier suggested I start with. I used to take a supplement regularly as I struggled with tiredness. Sometime after I had started maca I ran out of my supplement and forgot to order more. A few weeks later I realised I was feeling good; that bone–tired feeling hadn’t returned.

The only reason I could think of was that along with increasing my level of raw food I had also been taking maca. However, I was using the supplement when I started to go high raw too but found I still needed the boost. I had to conclude that it was the maca that made the difference.

Maca root

There’s nothing wrong with being tired; one should be at the end of a well-lived day. Bone-tired is not your normal tiredness, though, it’s indicative of something else: probably a depleted mineral or two (or more).
I wish I’d known about maca years ago.

Interestingly, it is known as an aphrodisiac. I wonder if it is more about bringing hormones back into balance and so restoring a low libido. Mothers of young children (any age child, actually) may well find some help in ‘this department’.  Whilst I’m not giving any details I can say that I have no intention of stopping the inclusion of maca powder in my (almost) daily smoothies. That’s all I’m saying.

For those of you who like the facts (as well as my Story), here they are:

Traditionally, maca has been used for:

*  Treating menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and depression, as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy [HRT]
*  Stimulating and regulating the endocrine system
*   Regulating and normalizing menstrual cycles
*  Stimulating fertility in both men and women
*  Supporting the immune system
*  Increasing energy, stamina and endurance, reducing chronic fatigue
*  Enhancing libido, treating impotence
*  Revitalizing seniors, mentally and physically

Maca contains high amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, all the essential amino acids and it contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.

Maca is a Peruvian root vegetable and looks like a turnip or radish.

Last fact: maca is available from our web Shop. It comes in 250g, 500g and 1 kg. Buy a big bag and share with a friend.

Christine
www.gomoreraw.com
email: christine@gomoreraw.com

____________________________________________________

The Anglo-Far East Company
The Original Private Gold and Silver Bullion Custodian
Your reference: an-001
____________________________________________________

YOUnique Gold and Silver

Buy small, affordable physical gold and silver or start a savings program towards physical gold or silver grams for as little as US$25 per month.
Blog : www.goldsilver-money.blogspot.com
____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Comments will be moderated and posted if deemed suitable.

Regards
Christine